Membership and Protocol
- The Board shall consist of at least five members; at least four of them will be from the United Arab Emirates.
- Membership in the Board shall be for a renewable term of two years. The starting and termination dates of membership shall be specified by a decision taken by the Board.
The Board shall include the following: -
- President of the Board
- Chancellor of the University (non-voting member)
- UAE public figures
- Distinguished scholars
- The Board shall hold at least two regular meetings per year or upon a request by the President. It shall determine the time, date, and location for each meeting and notify its members in writing at least thirty days ahead of the meeting.
- Extraordinary meetings may be held upon the request of the Chancellor or a written request by at least three members of the Board. In this case the members of the Board shall be notified at least two weeks ahead of the meeting.
- The Board meetings shall be considered legal if an absolute majority of its members are in attendance and, except in cases requiring a specific quorum, its decisions shall be adopted by an absolute majority of those present. When there is a tie, the side on which the President has voted shall carry the motion. Responsibilities